Hope. The last evil vanquished.
In elementary school, maybe third or fourth grade, we learned the story of Pandora's Box. I asked the teacher about Hope. Since it is the last thing in the box, wasn't Hope evil too? I did not get an answer. I have wondered and questioned that idea since then.
I will soon be living in my car. I accept this as a natural progression of my choices and those of society. We are what we are. I have lived longer and experienced far more than I thought I would, and this is nothing more than one more thing. So it goes.
Hope and prayer only get you so far as life will be what it will be, and it is not much influenced by those things.
I firmly believe that I am being set up by universe to learn about the ridiculousness of this world, not to be ' enlightened ' as previously thought, but to prepare me for my next incarnation. One that I am presuming to be of relative importance. The wheels of the bus go 'round, and 'round...
Oddly enough, losing that devil Hope helped me regain my faith in the universe and I am ready to face what comes next.
I had a conversation one night with a couple of young men I had in my cab. They were discussing death, wondering how they might die. One of the more interesting conversations in my cab in a while. When they asked me for my opinion, all that came to mind and I said it was, " I don't care how I die, but I hope that my last words are, " Now THAT was interesting! " And we all laughed.
Comments
Post a Comment